located at St Mathew Catholic Secondary High School, situated at 822 Marlborough St, Cornwall, Ontario, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3pm-6pm.
Our Community Program Method
- Explain the nature of the program and respond to relevant questions or concerns.
- Review protocols, expectations, timelines and potential outcomes.
- Assessment of young person’s readiness to meet relevant responsibilities.
- Develop “individualized plan” targeting specific expectations and intervention strategies.
- Participation agreement signed by young person and parent confirming compliance guidelines.
- Individual and/or group tasks are created that promote constructive learning opportunities
- Pro-social skill development and accountability
- Supervision/support of youth targeting completion of assigned tasks
- Emphasis on building rapport with young person in order to promote open effective communication
- Parental involvement/endorsement of targeted strategies
- Mentoring: guidance and advice in dealing with issues and concerns
- Connect/refer to applicable community services
- Discharge review completed with youth and parent
- Discharge summary/report forwarded to referring source
- Where applicable program evaluation forwarded to client and parent
Our Community Programs